Wednesday 1 April 2015

Looking after Number 1

I know, I know. It's been like a MONTH since I last wrote a post. Following on from a post about excuses isn't the best look either is it?

Well here's a few wins from the last month to show you what I've been up to...

I put the wheels on my bike

I also realised I needed to turn the bike up the right way to put both wheels on. Mission accomplished. 
 
I gained a running buddy and we coordinated outfits. We also smashed my previous effort on the hill run I did in my first week of training. I also got my first real run boner. 
I've been for two swimming lessons and no longer think I will panic or drown in the swim leg of the race.

Now for the serious stuff...

I haven't had the best month of training because I drove myself into the ground and ended up kinda sick. Of course, having the motivation to train for such a massive BHAG in the back of my mind, I tried to keep training through the sickness aaaaaand... got sick again. In all, I've probably had about a week and a half off training and taken a few backwards steps in strength and cardio fitness. 

Something else I discovered while going through this snotty ordeal was that I eat like crap which doesn't help with recovery either.
So I did what any sensible athlete would do, and approached one of my trainers for a food plan based on my training set out by my tri-coach. In order to get a food plan, you need to keep a food diary for a few days to give said trainer an idea of your current eating habits, likes, and dislikes. 
Here are a few reasons I have not yet completed this food diary:

  1. I ate McDonalds on more than 1 occasion
  2. I skipped dinner on more than 1 occasion (laziness)
  3. I forgot to keep track of one day so figured I should start again...and again...and again.
  4. I'm a little embarrassed of my eating habits and handing in this food diary feels like Judgement Day. 


This blog was originally meant to keep me accountable for my decisions regarding my training and nutrition so I have decided to post my food diary in my next blog post 1 week from now. It will be 100% honest and I'm hoping that making it public will help me nail this nutrition stuff.
My biggest focus will be eating before and after training sessions. 
Once I've got the food plan sussed, I'll post it along with my training programme so you can see what I'm in for in the month of April.











No comments:

Post a Comment